Here are my Indomie recipes, kids love it as well as adults
Indomie noodles have been able to capture the appetite of most Nigerians with series of good products and of course their often captivating commercials.

They have succeeded in adding their range of products to the menu of most Nigerian homes, ours included. Like I said on the introductory page, I never thought indomies were also for adults until I made and tasted a particular recipe.

I would go further to list different ways to prepare indomie in Nigeria, the three different recipes that I know about and why kids have come to love and appreciate the noodles.

I am writing about this page because I wanted to make a list of all known Nigerian breakfast recipes, from complex breakfast recipes to easy ones.

I told you that a combination of tea and bread is the most popular breakfast recipe in Nigeria, this noodle will either fall in third or fourth place.

Here is how to make indomie noodles in Nigerian and all the extra ingredients that I like to add, the extra ingredients tend to spice up the color of the indomie.

Personally I have to say that I like to eat lots of onions and other vegetables because of their nutritional values.

This noodles is packed with all the necessary ingredients that is needed for preparing it but I just like to add either all or some of the ingredients listed below.

Fresh tomatoes

Onions

Fresh pepper

Fluted pumpkin leaves

Eggs

vegetable oil

I use them as I like.

Note: there are several other noodle makers in Nigeria that have similar products like indomies, while many of them have gone extinct some a still very much around.

Here is my first and most popular indomie recipe, the way it serves best for breakfast.

I make this recipe with two sachets of (small indomies), two eggs, 1 big bulb of onions, 3 balls of fresh tomatoes and fresh pepper to taste.

The process is very simple.

Pieces the indomie in a bowl and pour hot water to it, allow for about five minutes for the noodles to get soft.

Set your frying pan on fire, add sliced tomatoes, onions, fresh pepper and fry for about five minutes also.

Sieve the indomie noodles (remove water) then add the follow-come ingredients while still in the bowl, at this point the noodles will be both soft and hot. I like to use one for two just to minimize the sweetness (that is using the ingredient from one sachet to prepare two sachets).

Break the two eggs into the same bowl containing the noodles and stir together, then transfer to the frying pan and finish up with the rest of the preparation process.
The frying pan contains the fried tomatoes onions and peppers, cook and stir for about five minutes and you just made one of my favorite Nigerian breakfast recipes, serve with cold soft drinks.

Below is the video for this recipe.

Here is another noodle recipe, this particular one is very popular in Lagos state where I live, I like this best in the morning or afternoon.

You just make the noodles following the instruction on the pack, then serve with fried eggs.

I like to add onions and fresh pepper. There is no special trick here, just break the indomies to bits and start cooking with a about a cup of water, sliced onions and fresh peppers.

The video below is a visible direction on how I make indomie noodles, the recipe above is loved by both kids and adults

Third Indomie Recipe

Indomie Recipe

This is the latest indomie recipe from the Nigerian kitchen, I kinda love this so much because of the use of sweet corn, carrot green beans and a few other vegetable. We have a professional video for this recipe. I would like to see your comment below, tell me what you think.

There are several other indomie recipes but this sure beat the rest to pulp, well that is just my opinions. You can tell me about what you think via the comment form below.

You will find help here on how to Fry Eggs in Nigeria – From Indomie Recipes

Comments

1. Vera  November 8, 2013

Looks delicious. Will definitely try it out. Keep Up the good work. God bless you.

2. Vee  December 5, 2013

Wow! I love the third indomie recipe, it looks health too. Think I should try it tonight, my mouth is watering already.

3. sophie  December 19, 2013

Hi!

Greetings from Indonesia. I’m indonesian, I’m curious if your Indomie is instant noodle with brand “indomie” from Indonesia. 🙂

I just noticed that Indomie is popular there 🙂 I have some Naija’s buddies in here though, thought they eat Indomie because they are live in here 🙂

xx

• Beverly  July 27, 2017

Yes. Its an instant noodle brand

4. Big Daddy  December 21, 2013

Thanks for your contributions on indomie recipes.but u missed one thing along the line.u didn’t tell us how to add the fluted pumpkin leave,is it going to be added to d fried tomato,onions and pepper on the fire or to the indomie in the bowl with the ingredients?..pls explain better.

5. Mrs Olowe  January 4, 2014

I. Love the different ways of preparing indomie.I will like to try the third one.can I use baked green beans or the fresh green beans. ?

• The Nigerian Kitchen  January 4, 2014

Sure, you can baked green beans or fresh ones. Whichever one you can lay your hands on 😀

6. jossy  February 6, 2014

wow….look delicious and I never thought that there is indomie there in your country. I love it so much but I dont like to add extra ingredient but after watching this clip it makes my appetide to arise…

7. Joyce  February 10, 2014

I luv dis nd I will try it now. Thanks nd keep it up

8. Mary  March 2, 2014

Wow, I love dis recipe… Am gonna try it tonight.. Thanks Nigerian Kitchen, you guys rock..

9. Bilkis  March 15, 2014

my kids & i like idomie but their father never eat it for ones but when i read the recipe out for him he says wao the recipe is going to be delicious.i will try it next weekend.

10. emily  March 26, 2014

wao feel like eating indomie rite now

11. Nena  March 27, 2014

I have been searching for a good indomie recipe. I will try this one soon! Thanks! 🙂

12. Gloria Stephen  April 8, 2014

I loooovvvveee indomi! Just d tot of it maks me salivate. I eat it raw anywer, anytim, any day. Somtimes i carry a pack in my bag n eat wit any soft drink wen i get d chance. I eat soaked indomi too. I soak wit warm water n sieve out wen its soft, add seasoning, dry, grounded chili peper, oil n mix. I enjoy it wit boiled egg or sardine. I just lov dat u can eat it however u lik. Wel, i hav dis indomi recipe I’ll lik 2 share. I cal it indomi pizza. My boy friend tot me. I use carrots(diced 2cubes)green peper(diced), peas n red hot peper( eida cut or or blended wit dis small hand blender). Den egg oh n onion( diced 2 cubes 2). 1st i fry d carrots n stuff wit litle oil. Den i remove from heat n empty d content in2 a bowl. I place d frying pan bak on heat(frying pans r d best 2 use in dis metod) Den add wata n d indomi den allow 2 cook 4 a bit. (low heat) after about 2 to 3 mins i add d seasoning + d fried veggis( i remain a litle quantity of d veggis 2 garnish my egg dou) n stir. Never really timed myself so i just guessd d tymin. Den d egg; crak in a bowl, (2 avoid usin 2many bowls i just crak d egg in d same bowl d veggis r in). Add a pinch of salt n stir or u remain a tiny quantity of d seasoning in place of salt.( if u r cookin mor Dan 1 indomi, a Satchet or half a satchet of d seasoning suld do) After stirin, i pour d content over d indomi on fire. Try as much as possible 2 cover d indomi wit d egg. I lov eggs so d quantity i use is usually enuf 2 go over d indomi. Remember, low heat. But its somtyms, most tyms, best 2 beat d egg in tym so as not 2 let d indomi cook 2 much or d wata in d indomi drain completely b4 adding d egg. Close d pan n let it cook til d egg is cooked n solid above d indomi. Now d tricky part. Serving. Since i most tyms eat alone or wit my boyfriend, i just use a very flat serving spoon 2 scoop it from below n on2 d plate such dat d indomi is stil below n d egg on top. Or in a case wer my friends r eatin wit me, i cut d indomi in2 triangles just like dey cut pizza n dish each slice on a plate. I hope u get 2 try n enjoy dis tasty recipe.

13. Joy  April 9, 2014

Tnx for d recipe,i’ve tried it & it is fantastic,i dnt like indomie though but cooking it this way made me struggle over it with my kids.tnx alot

14. Chy Anegbu  April 10, 2014

Gloria, thanks for the recipe, I am definitely going to give it a shot! 😀

15. Joy Silva  April 13, 2014

Looks very yummy, l love it… But I am familiar with this recipe already, but sometimes l add spring onions and carrot to my recipe…

16. vicky  April 16, 2014

nice recipe on indomie. i av a tip that makes my nephew love his noodles. i add a scoop of blue band butter which is nourishing for kids and make their noodles tasty too. so mums u can add that tip too

17. oby Blessing  April 29, 2014

I Dont like Indomie,but i will prepare this one as you instructed.
    Thank you very much.

18. Kolo Mary Matthew  May 8, 2014

Thanks Chy. I really like this second recipe. i will try it as soon as i get home. Thanks once again.

• Janey  June 28, 2017

Nice one. Keep it up.

19. Rebecca  June 10, 2014

Hmm!! Delicious!!! Thanks Chy. I love the first recipe. Keep the good work.

20. Victoria  June 13, 2014

Hmmm thank you for your good work am so happy to join this site, now my husby can not eat outside unless am the one that prepared the food all thanks to you!