This Aloe Vera juice is super nourishing and completely free from additives, artificial color or complex sugar.
It is just a combination of water, honey, lemon, and Aloe Vera.
I make this yummy juice by crushing or blending the entire leaf of the aloe vera plant, It used to be very bitter and nobody loves to drink bitter stuff. With this new recipe, I found a way to reduce the bitterness without reducing the many known benefits of the aloe vera plant. 😀
Now, I squeeze out the colorless pulp/gel and blend with a couple of other naturally occurring ingredients and what I have is this sparkling Juice.
In my quest to make a perfect and delicious juice that is void of unhealthy additives I have learned that aloe vera mixes easily into smoothies and shakes, this I can’t say about several other wild herbs. This makes aloe vera juice a practical whole food supplement.
You can’t imagine all the things I have done with aloe vera and how much time I put into such experimentation. I have tried adding aloe vera to Chapman, orange juice and even certain store-bought wines; It turned out perfect.
I really don’t like the idea of having to consume a glass of juice laced with 7 cubes of sugar. And we started all this because we wanted to consume less or no sugar at all.
Benefits of aloe Vera Juice
1. Acemannan is one of the wonderful elements found in Aloe vera gel. It is a complex carbohydrate that allows nutrients to reach the cells, it nourishes them and at the same time relieves them of toxins.
2. Aloe vera is known to have certain healing properties and the ability to repair wounds, heal sores and especially burn when the gel is directly applied.
It was even approved by the FDA in 1959 as an over-the-counter treatment for burns, sunburn especially.
3. When aloe vera is consumed raw, studies show that it helps digestion generally slow down the growth of H.pyroli bacteria. A bacteria which can lead to stomach ulcer when finding in your digestive tract.
4. Aloe vera is a major ingredient for cosmetic companies since it was known to cure body diseases such as acne and ringworm. Using raw aloe vera on your face may help smoothen your face.
5. Aloe Vera, when applied directly on the hair help condition the hair and reduces dandruff. It is repaires dead skin cells on the scalp because of the presence of proteolytic enzymes.
I wrote an article some days back about Detoxifying With Aloe Vera, I told you that I will be sharing my recipe for free. Well, this is how I make my own aloe vera drink.
If you want it really bitter, use lots of aloe vera.
I used Aloe vera, lemon, water and a spoon of honey.
Squeeze out the juice from the aloe vera, add one cup of chilled water, 100ml of lemon juice/orange juice, a tablespoon of honey and you are done. Try different measurement for aloe Vera and honey, you can use more or less aloe vera.
You can practically make a jug of family juice using this technique, just remember, it is best to serve juice after a meal and never before a meal.
I would love to read your comments, please use the form below to add a comment.
Subscribe Below to Receive My Free Weekly Recipes.
Aloe Vera Juice Recipe
- Small Aloe vera gel
- 100 ml Lemon Juice
- 300 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Honey.
- Use a knife to separate the aloe vera gel from the enclosed leaves
- Drop into a blender
- Add one cup of chilled water
- 100 ml of lemon juice/orange juice,
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Note: You can try different measurement for aloe Vera and honey, you can use more or less aloe vera.
- Just remember, it is best to serve juice after a meal and never before a meal.
Aloe Vera Rrcipe Video
The video below shows you how I make this aloe vera juice. The recipe is easy to follow.