Tiger nut milk is one of the tastiest and most delicious drink that is made in Nigeria. For the best result, I combine with dates and serve chilled.
I will start by telling you about tiger nut milk benefits. I have learned that most of the nutrient required for our optimum health is naturally embedded in some fruits and vegetables.
I have written lots of articles in the last few months about Healthy Nigerian foods and how to switch to healthy foods without inconveniencing yourself.
For starters, you could start stocking this milk instead of sodas.
Here are some benefits to drinking tiger nut milk.
1. Tiger nuts contain more than 15 different elements and nutrients including fiber, calcium, potassium, Zinc, Iron, and Vitamins.
Fiber is good for an easy bowel movement and may help with food digestion and also prevent constipation in kids and adults.
2. This milk has been used historically to boost libido and increase sperm count. It acts and a natural aphrodisiac.
It could just be what you need to get back your sex life. 😀
3. The most important tiger nut milk benefit is surely the fact that it tastes so good and quenches your thirst.
4. Certain researchers were able to ascertain that tiger nut extract was capable of fighting some harmful bacterias in the human body.
Hence, drinking this milk helps your immune system and ultimately helps in establishing a defense against bacterias like E.coli, staphylococcus and Salmonella Typhi.
This drink is quite popular in Northern Nigeria where they call it “kunun aya”. Here in Southern Nigeria, we never had anything to do with the milk until recently.
We just buy the nuts “aki Hausa’ and snack on them.
They are usually sold in wheel-barrows by Hausa petty-traders all over Nigeria.
If you live outside Nigeria I think you will find them in African shops.
I just learned that there is just so much you can do with these nuts, you can choose to eat them as they come or combine them with dates to make a delicious milk drink.
Since I learned about the health benefits and the fact that the milk could be extracted, I have settled with a simple two-ingredient recipe for tiger nut milk.
I combine them with dates.
Before I tell you more about tiger nuts, let’s talk about my recipe.
I eat them whole. Ultimately, what we all need is the milk, once you could chew properly, you suck the sweet milk and spew the chaff.
Alternatively, I blend them using the recipe above.
Another way to eat tiger nut is by making tiger nut flour out of them and using the floor for bread, cookies and other foods. Since they are quite sweet, there is no need for extra sugar.
Finally, are there side effects of tiger nuts?
1. They have large calories and not suitable for over-weight individuals. Also, you must know your calorie daily need and use tiger nuts cautiously.
2. Since it is quite delicious, one is tempted to consume more than what the body needs. There are side effects to consuming any food in excess, including aki hausa (aya).
Kunun Aya (milk) is also very delicious, one may be tempted to gulp in several gallons before realizing that too much of anything is bad. 😀
Input your search keywords and press Enter.